Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thundering Thursday

Well it was thunder at 1am this morning, the never ending rain of weeks upon weeks has actually stopped this afternoon and I can see blue skys...shhhh don't want to wish the rain back.

Our street looked more like a river than a street. I am grateful for our high step.
Taught two cardmaking classes yesterday afternoon one at 2pm and a new one at 6pm. The 6pm one is attended by a small group of teenagers, who were so excited and enthusiastic it really boosted my creativity. I had made a very simple card using velum (someone from 2pm class had requested a card using velum last week and as I have next to none of the stuff I had to use what little stash I had). The all adored using the embossing powder especially the girls who said it was way cooler than a science lesson! I particularly like the Antique Sparkle powder for metal look embellishments.
Been asked to supply a card stand filled with cards for one of the bars so guess what I will be doing over the next couple of days. Wanted to scrap as well!!

Talking of scrapping I found a local store that prints off digi pics at a reasonable price so will be getting some new photos printed, just the thing to get the mojo working overdrive.



3 Comments:

Blogger Paula J Atkinson said...

Stunning card.
I love the small elements to tie in the gold vellum.

11:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that Elaine very Celtic looking love the metal looking fastener what stamps are those & embossing powder used please.

1:52 am  
Blogger Elfin said...

Dawn the stamps were in a celtic box set I got from Amazon years ago. The Embossing powder is called Antique Sparkle and is made by Heritage Rubber Stamps in Edinburgh.

11:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home