Friday, November 03, 2006

Dare me to SEW!!

Cannot believe the Daring Cardmakers Dare this week. Fecking sewing, SEWING, me sew..sheez gimmie the kitchen items anyday. Anyway when I was at the shops this morning I bought some thread and a needle. I have not sewn since probably school and trying to remember blanket stitch was a no go area, so I had to have a wee google search to remind myself how to do it. Please note the rustic homemade look of the stitch (no not my excuse for uneven stitches lol) ooh I even stitched the button on...no glue dot for me!

This card started off as a birthday card but it somehow organically moved away from that. The ribbon is really sweet you can't see it in my crappy photo but it has merry christmas written on it. Anyway I think I should thank the Darers....maybe and cannot wait for next weeks PURLEASE NO MORE SEWING. PS link to Dare blog in sidebar.

15 Comments:

Blogger Saffa said...

OOh Fab as usual! Well done you for being so quick off the mark!!

Thanks so very much for takng part!

xxSaffa

8:44 pm  
Blogger BondGirl said...

Love the card! The trees are lovely, and I think the sewing adds to the charm.

Thanks for joining in

9:35 pm  
Blogger Paula J Atkinson said...

lovely card. The ribbon is a nice touch with that cute button.

9:50 pm  
Blogger Kelly K said...

I love it!! The stitching looks really good - well done!

10:08 pm  
Blogger Kathy said...

Well done to you for getting your card done so quickly - and for rising so courageously to the challenge - ir sounds as though this one really HURT!!!!!!!

Anyway, it's a lovely card, I love the soft muted shades you've got there. Now that you've got going on this sewing lark you'll be stitching your LOs together too!

10:11 pm  
Blogger Lythan said...

All the trauma was worth it (and beleive me i know how you feel - it was hard for me too!) fabby, fabby card

11:37 pm  
Blogger Tracey said...

Yet again, a great card!

12:15 am  
Blogger Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Brilliant card - that sewing is fab - I would have had to look up how to do blanket stitch as well.

Debbie
xxxx

1:11 am  
Blogger Keryn Campbell said...

I love the card. It looks like blanket stitch came back to you pretty quickly.

Keryn

5:43 am  
Blogger Anam_Kihaku said...

fab card :) sewing - necxt time get thee a tailors wheel - the one with the pointy wheel.. make the holes and then either use a souffle pen betweent he holes or a versamark pen and some embossing paper - it iwll love fabby!!

6:08 am  
Blogger Jane said...

oooh fab card ! well done again for being so quick. I love the sewing......I have to say it .....I think you should do a lot more of these!.....its lovely.

7:24 am  
Blogger Oblibby said...

Great card, Elfin - this it the one I'm dreading most too - hope my result is as successful as yours.

11:45 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

that is gorgeous, well done with the sewing

2:21 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

Beautiful card, the hand stitching looks fabby and I love buttons on cards :)

Jo x

9:36 am  
Blogger Kate2962 said...

fab stiched card Elaine - i love those trees

1:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home