Monday, October 23, 2006

Singing the blues

Another day here and the second day I have been feeling really weepy. I thought at first it was connected with the kitten we thought we had saved (yes another one) outside in the street. We all thought it was caught up in the engine of a car and it kept crying. It moved out after 3 days into the car behind. Kate and I sneaked out and gave it and its mum some food. This morning when we left to go to the shops it was lying in the road outside our neighbours house, dead. It had been run over. It was only about 8 weeks old and street cats here don't have a long life but I keep thinking about it and crying. Maybe its the fact that all our visitors have gone now and subconsiously I am feeling homesick. I really don't know. In fact I am sitting crying as I type this. Kate has been really sweet and giving me extra cuddles, need to shake these blues off.

Hid myself upstairs to work on projects for the next Iron Chef round. This week the challenge is to use two types on paint on everything Here is the layout that I made. I am having a crisis of faith in my scrapping at the moment. Maybe its because I have not scrapped in months due to the move here. The only reason I got into the next round of the Chef comp was because not all the chefs due to take part uploaded their items. Why do I need this justification in my scrapping.? I have always scrapped for myself and no-one else and never needed anyone elses approval or glowing compliments in the gallery, but feeling so fragile at the moment about it all. Its probably just my hormones going mental like they do now and again, I am sure normal service will resume as soon as possible. It had better, I don't like weepy me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

You poor pudding! It must be contagious all this weeping lark!
It's not easy being so far from where you called 'home' and yet being at home. Give yourself time, your scrapping is great, you are great and you need to be kind to yourself, so no self criticism ok?

1:06 am  
Blogger Cath said...

Massive hugs Elaine!!!
The LO is stunning, don't doubt your talents!

8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home