Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's oh so quiet

The house seems very quiet now that the last of our visitors have gone home. No more visitors planned for this year (will probably change lol) The boys Calum (5) and Rory (3) made the house so lively that it is eerily quiet. Looking forward to having more time to scrap, especially all the photos I took of the boys! Created a layout for this weeks speshal challenge (link on the side bar). The challenge was friends would/wouldn't

Recently I have been experimenting with new techniques and ideas instead of going with my usual style. I am loving the process, some layouts maybe hit or miss but I accept that as part of the challenge. I love the simplicity of this one (although it took me time to create) the photo does not do it justice.

We are still having an ongoing battle with ants in the house, made worse by little hands dropping crumbs everywhere. Spent most of last week sweeping but the little buggers still come out in their droves! Will try and get some ant bait this week, apparantly an ant in contact with it takes something back to the nest and kills them all. I dread coming downstairs in the morning I have to look everywhere to see if there are any around. grrrrrrrr

2 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

Oh Elaine! Get yourself to a hardware store and buy some Zum, it is fabulous! We buy some every time we're in Spain as it's the only thing that works against the army of ants set to invade our house!
The best thing is that one spray around the perimeter of your house and they stay away for a YEAR (or 10 months in rainy England!

9:26 pm  
Blogger Shirley said...

I meant to post earlier that I love the colours and photo on this LO. It's such a 'friend' thing (can't do good words tonight sorry).

1:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home