Monday, September 04, 2006

Back to School

Back at school this morning and it is a relief to be speaking Spanish again. I have not been able to speak as much Spanish as I would like over August. Mainly in shops and restaurants asking the same things lol. My wee brain hurts getting back into the routine. Mum is still here but she goes home tomorrow and to be honest I am relieved. She has been a very demanding visitor and Kate and I are both knackered. I was hurt that she arrived with no small housewarming pressie or even a small gift from home. I would never go to visit someones house without taking them a gift. Guess I have different manners huh. She has not liked staying here at all, to her Spain is the Costa del Sol. We took the bus down to the coast one day and when she was on the sunlounger on the beach she said "now I feel like I am holiday" Nothing like a slap in the face to our hospitality!!

Happier news is that two friends arrive on Thursday and I cannot wait. Ginge and Jen are the kind of friends that leave you energised and exhausted at the same time lol. We all live on a similar mad wavelength and just bounce off each other so my poor town is not going to know what hit it!

My cardmaking class starts on Wednesday. I have put posters up around town but to be honest I think I will have one or two people only for the first few lessons hopefully I can build up a reputation and get more peeps on the course.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry your mum didnt bring you over goodies.
I would have brough you over Scottish stuff you were missing.
Hope you had fun with Ginge & Jen
Least they brought you goodies over

5:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home