Monday, August 28, 2006

New Life

Last night whilst sitting watching a film about Edinburgh (feeling homesick) I heard a cat crying outside. It is not unusual to hear them crying or fighting in the street as there are a lot of wild cats around. It kept on so I went out to investigate and there outside our door was a newborn kitten and I mean newborn by about 5 mins with no sign of the mother. I managed to locate the mother about 10 metres up the street under a car but she had obvously been disturbed when giving birth to the first kitten and had to abandon it. The poor wee kitten was frantically trying to find its mum and was calling loudly and she was calling it but it was too far for it to climb. I got a couple of napkins (so as not to transfer any of my scent onto the kitten and also to avoid getting blood on my hands) and picked the kitten up and placed it as near to the mother as I dared as she was hissing and growling loudly from under the car. By this time my neighbour had come out and ran back in to get some cardboard. We slid the kitten onto the cardboard and managed to use it to get the kitten near enough to the mother. Happy ever after is what I need at 12.30am in the morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger greyparrot said...

oh bless you hun for your rescue mission!

11:03 pm  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh bless your heart, I do hope that Mum manages to sort things out.

2:03 am  
Blogger Cath said...

Awwww bless!!

8:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home