Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dance festival


Last weekend at temperatures of 33 degrees in the evening we sat and watched a free festival in one of the Plaza's. The festival was for popular folk dances and it was fantastic.
The dancers came from Mexico, Argentina, and Andalucia.






It is amazing to see the mix of people there, grown ups, children, teenagers all watching with absolutely no hassle. If this was back in Edinburgh there would be a group of teens probably sinking some alcopops and shouting abuse.



I think most of the town was there watching.The atmosphere was lovely although I think I consumed one too many drinks trying to stay cool. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it. I love the fact that this town makes the effort to have so many events for the residents. Coming up next weekend is a flamenco festival, we have tickets for that so I am looking forward to it. We also have monster truck festival as well as the main week of festival in the second week of August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home