Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Settling in

Still settling into our new home, feels like we are on holiday and staying in a holiday home it has not sunk in yet that we are living here iykwim. The neighbours have been lovely and there is a real sense of community in our street which I love. We have been getting things organised like contracts to enable us to use bottled gas (which we need for cooker and heating in the winter)

One thing I like here is the service. When you buy a piece of equipment ie washing machine. The delivery and the installation are included in the price! Can you imagine that type of service in the UK!

I feel that the house is still in disaray. I think once the furniture is all bought and delivered I will feel better, get the house in final order and then start buying plants etc and getting the terraces the way I want.

Spending time in the cyber cafe on the way to the shops etc. Today I have abandoned Kate in the Hairdressers with a whole bunch of spanish women and only a phrase book opened at a page about hairdressers lol, I am so mean.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

best wishes for a happy time in your new house and with your new life. i had been looking forward to your altered art classes at stampers grove, so guess I will have to teach myself now.

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home