Friday, May 26, 2006

Fecking Families

Last night I received a phone call from my brother to say that my mum had been crying because I had said to her on the phone when she told me she would be coming home the week we leave, that I would check to see if someone could stay with the cats and that it may only be one of us staying over at her house. Apparantly this means (according to my mother) that I am not coming, I am sending Kate and that the cats come first.

Anyway I explained to my brother that I would definately be staying and that hopefully Kate would be able to as well.

He then went on about Mum living on her own and that with me moving away if anything happens to her I would be delayed in getting to her. I said that I would get the first available flight to Scotland to which he replied that that could be a couple of days. Basically he was trying to make me feel guilty for leaving the UK so after listening to about 5 mins of this I told him to fuck off.

1 min later the phone goes and its SIL. Kate speaks to her as I am too angry that my brother dares question my care commitment to Mum as I am normally the one who deals with everthing and this is the first time they have been primary carers iykwim. SIL gives Kate a hard time on the phone and when Kate responds she is told she is being aggressive. Then SIL says I have never to phone their house again. errrm they phoned me! Basically I think they are panicking as they realise I will not be there at a drop of a hat anymore. I don't need this added stress I have enough on at the moment and I have spent most of last night and this morning in tears. If you have made it to the end of this war and peace novel then thanks for reading. Rant over.

------------------------------
Managed to take my stinky mood out on the guys delivering my new leather suite. It states on the delivery note that they will unwrap it so that I can check it then they will re-wrap it. The salesman also told me this so when I was asking them to do it I was confronted with 3 male egos who all told me it was not possible blah blah blah so I told them to take the wrapping off, bundle it up and stick it up their arses. You should have seen their faces....will keep me amused all day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Don't let it get you down - life is made for living, not for never doing what YOU want to do because you feel obliged to do what someone else wants you to do. Anyway, potentially you could still get back to Scotland from Spain quicker than if you had to get there from London!

11:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home