Saturday, April 01, 2006

Birthday Fun

Yesterday was Kate's birthday. We both had to work during the day but thankfully we were able to get an evening off together. We got up at 6am for work and I got all of Kate's birthday presents ready for her to open. I think we were both still sleeping as she opened them. Alfie and Sappho thought the gift ribbon was for them and were happily playing with the ribbons in their claws. Unfortunately we had to drag ourselves away from the birthday goodies and head to work. I was interviewing for a new receptionist and hopefully I have one, just need to call her references and then arrange a start date! Yipeee.

Kate and I met friends in the City centre for a drink (or more) after work and it was really pleasant and fun. We are terrible for catching up with friends at the moment with our shifts and being to understaffed at the moment means that we are lucky to get an evening off together never mind a whole day.

After our drinks We decided to walk to the restaurant at the other side of the city centre and as we left the bar and walked round the corner there was a gang of silly teenagers about 16/17 years old who decided to skip up to Kate and ask her if we were all lesbians. Kate turned it around and asked the girl are you? The girl said yes and started screaming back at her mates that we thought she was a lesbian. Some of her mates then encircled us and the girl threw her arm around Kate. I was so angry at their blatent attempt of harrassement and ridicule that I grabbed the girl's arm, gave her my best Padington Bear Stare (thanks for the practice Ginger) and told her to Fuck off. Maybe half a bottle of scrummy shiraz had helped my confidence lol anyways it seemed to work and they backed off running up the road screaming abuse at us.

It left us a bit shaken but we were determined that it would not spoil our evening. We headed to our favourite Scottish Steakhouse and had a mouthwatering scrummy meal and more wine (I sound like a lush, I don't drink that often honest!) before we staggered back home to the hotel.

So glad you had a great birthday Kate. Love you x x x

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I was going to say it but Anam got there first. Bloody ignorant eejits. HUGS!

10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home