Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sad Day Today


Dugless September 30th 2004 - December 7th 2005

My gorgeous one year old cat, Dugless died this afternoon. We are still in shock, he was at the vets yesterday as he had been losing a lot of weight the past week and this morning he got blood taken for tests but when he came home he was not right. We rushed back with him but he died in the taxi with us.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

1 Comments:

Blogger Elfin said...

December 7, 2005 - So Sorry
Posted by katiepops
Elaine, I'm so sorry ... I am not an animal lover by any stretch of the imagination, but I can relate to how a pet becomes part of your life and your family. I'm so glad that you were able to be with him at the end.
Permanent Link

December 7, 2005 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Wolves05
Elaine hun, so sorry to hear about Dugless!!

(((BIG HUGS))) from me - know exactly how it feels to lose one of your furbabies!!

Nothing I can say to help obviously - cuddling Sappho can only numb the pain...

Kat
Permanent Link

December 7, 2005 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
I'm so sorry babes, he was and always will be a fabulous, gorgeous wee man.

Jennie
Permanent Link

December 8, 2005 - Posted by Shell
Posted by Anonymous
I'm so so sorry, Dugless will now be playing with my little Ruby at Rainbow Bridge I'm sure.
Permanent Link

December 9, 2005 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
I found your blog thru a link in another one a week ago and today I am so sad to read about the death of your beautiful puss. I hope you don't mind me dropping in to say so. I am on UKS as CarolineO. It is so painful when we lose one of our furbabies, I like to think my little BillyBob who was with us for a year lingers on in spirit. Think of the cuddles you had with Dugless. I am so sorry. Hugs, Caroline .
Permanent Link

January 21, 2006 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
Elaine, I dont know if you remember me from UKS didi, I was just going through some of the blogs listed as I am starting one when I read this I had no idea I know how much you loved dugless I am so sorry
Alfie looks cute as a button though and Sappho has grown mind you so has my milo
Permanent Link

6:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home