Monday, November 21, 2005

Mad Hatters Came to Edinburgh



What a brilliant weekend, I have not laughed as much in ages.

The girls (Kirsty, Fran, Ginger and Jen) all arrived on Friday. A trip to monster mash complete with mad hads ensued. Yummy sausage and mash later we returned to the hotel for some serious drinking and drunken ballet.

Saturday was crop day. I got so little done as I was busy chatting. We cropped till the usual time of 5pm then decided that none of us had the energy to go out so we carried on cropping and got fish and chips in for dinner. A wander down Princess Street at about 9.30pm and a return to the bar for some of Fran's famously potent Honey Mead (aka bum juice)

Sunday was a much more leasurely affair with a guided tour of the Royal Mile for the non locals and a trip to the underground city in Edinburgh. I felt so sad waving the girls off and retreated to my laptop for comfort.

On my laptop I visited UKS and somehow the community forum became a very surreal and silly place, loads of people joined in having surreal silly fun, however most of the fun was taken completely out of context by some people which is a shame. I am upset by what I read on Clare's blog today and how she is being attacked. Clare is very remorseful today but seriously, it was not that criminal what she or any of the rest of us did. We all randomly and independantly started posting inane posts, for me as a sign of protest rather than the personal attack that it has been taken to be and it got silly, so what! Yes it maybe was not the best way to go about things, however sometimes we need to vent our frustration, we would not be human otherwise. Lesson learnt and in future I will ignore all inane posts and carry on talking to my friends and enjoying my scrapping, I will not raise my head in protest at anything, I will be meek like the little sheep I need to be. When others attack my sexuality, I will not complain I will merely rise above it.....oh wait there..... been there done that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home